About Gravett and Associates
- Click #About_Us to learn about Gravett and Associates
- Click Our Team to read about our team members
- Click Mission Statement to learn about our mission
- Click Bio-Sketch to learn about Dr. Gravett
Dr. Linda Gravett, after 16 years as a Human Resource Management practitioner, founded Gravett and Associates in 1991. The company is located in Cincinnati, Ohio; however, Dr. Gravett and her associates have built a nationwide client base. All associates have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Human Resources practitioner.
Gravett and Associates offers a full range of Human Resource Management consulting and training services, including Human Resource audits, development of performance management systems, establishing Human Resource metrics, helping organizations leverage a diverse workforce, and executive coaching.
We also offer online assessments in these areas:
- Leadership "360s"
- Emotional Intelligence
- Learning Agility
Services and training offered are customized to meet the unique needs of each client. Gravett and Associates offers a complimentary one-hour consultation to determine if a potential client’s needs can be met by our organization. If our organization does not have the appropriate expertise, we will refer clients to colleagues with the requisite competencies.
- Linda S. Gravett, Ph.D., SPHR, CEQC: Senior Partner
- Dr. Gravett is founder and Senior Partner of Gravett and
Associates. She has consulted with organizations such as
Voith, Dole, Williams-Sonoma, and Perfetti Van Melle over the
past 20 years, helping them leverage a diverse workforce to
ensure success. Dr. Gravett is a frequent speaker at
professional conferences on the topics of HRM ethics, Emotional
Intelligence, and leveraging workplace diversity. She is
the author of HRM Ethics: Perspectives for a New
Millennium, and co-author of
Bridging the Generation Gap, Using
Your Emotional Intelligence to Develop Others,
Just a Couple of Women Talkin’ -- The Real
Story of Being a Woman Entrepreneur (co-authored with
Terri Bonar-Stewart), and Leadership in
Balance -- New Habits of the Mind (published in 2014).
Dr. Gravett has lived and worked in Japan, Canada and Mexico and
brings an international perspective to her work with clients.
She has a Ph.D. in Industrial Psychology, an MA in Labor and
Employment Relations, and a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
- Phillip D. Jones, Ph.D.: Senior Associate
- Dr. Phil Jones is the former Director of the Cintas Center
at Xavier University and Head of the Executive MBA Program,
while simultaneously serving as an organizational design and
strategic human resources consultant to private industry.
He has developed and delivered consulting and developmental
processes and programs to organizations throughout the country,
with organizations such as Hebrew Union College, Car-Part.com
and Kroger Bakeries and Dairies.
For over 30 years Phil has consulted with corporate, government and non-profit organizations on such topics as human resources and staff development, quality process analysis, improving communication systems, management and supervisory processes, strategic planning, organizational design and stress and time management.
- Phil has a Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and MA in Experimental and Clinical Psychology and a BA in English.
He is also certified in training and coaching using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- Renee Springer, MS, SPHR: Senior Associate
- Renee Springer has 25 years experience as a consultant,
business and life coach, and organizational development
practitioner. Her areas of expertise include leveraging
cultural diversity, strategic planning and organizational
assessment. Renee has lent her expertise to organizations
such as Mercy Health Partners, Ford Motor Company, and General
Electric Aircraft Engine.
Renee holds a BS in Business Administration and an MS in Organizational Development. She is a Registered Corporate Coach through the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches and holds the HRCI certification of SPHR.
- Alison Brown: Associate
- Alison brings 20 years’ experience and expertise as a diversity management consultant. She specializes in employee training and development in the areas of customer service, leadership, teambuilding and leveraging diversity. She has lent her consulting expertise to organizations such as Firstar, American Red Cross, and Disciples of Christ Church. Alison has a BBA in Business Administration and serves on the adjunct faculty for Franklin University in Columbus, Ohio.
- Alfonso Cornejo: Associate
- Alfonso Cornejo has a well-rounded background in all facets of business, with particular expertise in Human Resource Management. Before entering the consulting field, Alfonso worked for 30 years with Fortune 500 companies such as Procter & Gamble, Clorox and Chiquita Brands. Alfonso’s primary area of interest and expertise is business development in Latin America. He was born and raised in Mexico and is the President of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Cincinnati. Alfonso holds a BS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Mexico.
- Fred Eck, MBA, SPHR: Associate
- Fred is an energetic, results oriented Human Resources
professional with excellent strategic, creative and executive
skills honed over his 35-year career in the manufacturing,
government contracting, family business and education fields.
His experience includes four years in a manufacturing plant
Fred is a member of the adjunct faculty at Sinclair College and is an active volunteer leader with the Society for Human Resource Management at the local, regional and state levels.
Fred holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and an MBA from Bowling Green State University. He is also certified by the Human Resource Certification Institute as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Michael A. Lair: Associate
- Mike is an acclaimed consultant who specializes in helping people and businesses learn to work together to set and meet organizational goals. He develops and delivers programs in leadership development, team effectiveness and personal performance. His background includes serving as Director of Organizational Learning for Joy Education Center (Camp Joy) and senior consultant with Xavier Consulting Group, Xavier University. Mike has a BA in Industrial Psychology/Quality of Work from Bowling Green State University.
- Charlie Runtz, MBA: Associate
- Charlie brings expertise in the public utilities field to
consulting, with experience in strategic planning, protective
labor legislation, and mergers and acquisitions. He has
assisted organizations with alignment of their policies and
procedures with strategic objectives, staff training, and
developing competency-based job descriptions. Charlie has
an MBA and a BSEE, with a background in engineering prior to
The mission of Gravett and Associates is to assist organizations to acquire and develop the skills, knowledge, and abilities that will ensure they remain competitive in the 21st century. We help organizations manage a diverse workforce and align individual efforts with their strategic objectives and business needs.
Bio-Sketch: Dr. Linda Gravett
Dr. Linda Gravett has partnered with organizations such as
Williams Sonoma, Xavier University, and Voith over the past 19
years, helping them leverage a diverse workforce to ensure success
through periods of growth and change. Linda is a frequent
professional conferences on the topics of building collaboration in
a multicultural workplace, leveraging emotional intelligence,
reducing conflict caused by generational differences, and business
Linda is the author of HRM Ethics: Perspectives for a New Millennium and co-author of Bridging the Generation Gap and Using Your Emotional Intelligence to Develop Others. She has co-authored books on leadership competencies required for success in the 21st century and women entrepreneurs, scheduled for release in late 2010.
Linda is an adjunct professor in Xavier University's Executive MBA Program.
Linda has a Ph.D. in HRD and Industrial Psychology; an MA in labor and Employment Relations; and a Bachelor's in Accounting. She is certified in administering and consulting with the EQ-i and MBTI instruments. She has lived in Japan, Mexico and Canada and brings an international perspective to her consulting and teaching.